In case you somehow missed it, summer is here! We have had a variety of events already this summer and have enjoyed a little bit of racing in the heat!
Here's a short recap:
1. OMRR/Fleet Feet Sports Track Meet
- Joy, Malinda, and Nick headed to Rogersville for a little fun on the track. Joy and Malinda took 1st and 2nd place in the 400m.
- Joy, Malinda, Nick and Tiffany decided to create a 4x400m team! They crossed the finish line with a time of 5:32.10.
2. Jamie Vest heads to Chicago!
- Coach Jamie headed to Chicago for the #RNRChicago half marathon. She rocked it with a third place female finish and a time of 1:20:58.
3. Weekend Lake Retreat
- While Jamie was killing it in Chicago, the rest of us were enjoying some fun in the sun at the lake. We enjoyed a weekend with family and friends, and created many memories. A little running, yoga, swimming, and good food is good for the soul!
4. Access to Health 5k
- The team headed to Springfield for the Jordan Valley #A2H5K. The downtown course offers a few hills, and a great view (but not a lot of shade). Congrats to Jamie on her female overall win! Jamie took home the coveted stethoscope award! Joy took first in her age group, while Malinda took second in hers. Kyleigh snagged a 5k PR, and April completed her first 5k ever! Congrats, team! We headed to Gailey's for breakfast, and ended the day with a pool party and taco bar hosted by Malinda and Lendall. Thanks to all who came out to support a great cause and enjoy a great day.
We are excited about what lies ahead as well. Many of us are training for fall races including the Bass Pro Fitness Festival and the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend. Throw in some 5ks and trail races, and our fall is looking bright. We are fortunate to have a great group of dedicated and positive athletes that work hard each week to meet their short and long term goals and to help each other along the way.
Happy Running! Stay Cool!
Who Picks the Topics?
Each week, we notice different things. We try to incorporate the questions we are receiving or the training issues we are noticing into our post(s) for the week. If there is something you'd like us to cover, let us know!